So having discussed this topic and read about it at length lately, and having experienced continual energy and mood swings whilst still eating pretty healthily, I thought I'd give it a go!
I've just read Sarah Wilson's I Quit Sugar ebook which is fantastic, and that's the program I've chosen to follow. A couple of friends are joining me: Emma from The Healing Space, and Jodi from Hot Pink Chilli both decided to jump on board and we'll all be running updates and keeping each other motivated and on track, so you can follow our progress or join us via any of the three pages or facebook pages. :D
There's a link on the right of the blog if you want to purchase the ebook and jump in yourselves!
So in the spirit of Week 1 which is to simply CUT BACK on sugar, this morning I made a delicious, filling savoury breakfast:
Quinoa & Chia Seed Flat Bread with Herbed Omelette (Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free):
For the flatbread I simply used Quirky Cooking's Recipe for Quinoa & Chia Seed Flat Bread. This recipe is INSANELY quick and easy and has a fantastic flavour for something that's so minimal fuss, LOVE IT! :D
After getting the flatbread in the oven I made my Herbed Omelette:
1 clove garlic
1/8 red onion
1/8 red capsicum
2 eggs (free range organic or RSPCA approved eggs - I've found Yamagishi eggs here which seem to be quite humane)
handful baby spinach leaves
1. Place garlic, onion, basil, oregano and capsicum in TMX and dice for 3 seconds on speed 7.
2. Saute this mixture for 3 minutes on 100ºC on speed 1.
3. Add eggs to the TMX bowl and beat for 30 seconds on speed 5 to allow mixture to become light and fluffy.
4. Line your Varoma with wet baking paper (just wet it under the tap in a ball then squeeze off the excess, you can't use the cheaper varieties of baking paper for this or they tend to fall apart). Chop tomato roughly and sprinkle through the top of the Varoma, and also sprinkle your handful of baby spinach in.
5. Pour egg mixture over the tomato and spinach in the Varoma. Add water to the TMX bowl (about 1L) and set Varoma on top. Cook for 20 minutes on Varoma temp on speed 1-2.
As always hoping you're all well wherever you're reading this! Come pop by my facebook page and say hello, or even get really brave and put your hand up to join me in quitting sugar! :D
Love and Health,