Thursday 26 January 2012

My "Kinda" Raw Day......

Well this journey of trying to incorporate more raw/living and whole foods into my diet is AMAZING so far, and I'm only a couple of weeks into it!

What I'm noticing currently seems to be the more raw I eat, the more sensitive I seem to be to cooked food!

For example I started today with a lovely refreshing Pine Mint Smoothie:

Ingredients:
* Large handful baby spinach or other leafy greens
* One medium to large green apple, quartered
* One round of fresh pineapple, skinned and quartered
* Fresh Mint to taste (I like a lot as it's what makes this smoothie so refreshing!)
* 100-200g ice
* Water to desired consistency

Method:
Combine all ingredients in the Thermomix (if you don't have one you need to use a pretty powerful blender or food processor) and whiz up on speed 5 for about 10-15 seconds to combine, then scrape down the sides of the bowl and lid, then speed 9 for another 20-30 seconds. If it's too thick simply add some more water until you reach the consistency you like.

This was a great way to start my day, the mint really wakes me up and makes me feel ready to tackle anything!

But THEN I made some cheese and bacon pizza scrolls for my husband and daughter to have as THEIR brunch and they just looked and smelled so good coming out of the oven I couldn't resist eating a couple while they were still warm......so delicious!


But after that I fell into a bit of a carb coma and had to sleep hard! I had a nap for about an hour and a half and still felt tired when I woke up! Luckily I had some of this awesome Raw Walnut and Mushroom Pate leftover in the fridge and I threw together a quick snack of that stuffed in half a tomato with some carrot dipping sticks. It was totally delicious and I felt so much better afterwards!


I haven't made anything for dinner yet so I might just have some nut butter on five seed bread (both made in my trusty Thermomix) as a quick easy dinner, and we'll see how that makes me feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment