Wednesday 8 February 2012

30-in-30 Day 3!

So some great news, last I checked we were up to 18 people who've joined this challenge and are enjoying green smoothies each day for breakfast (or morning or afternoon tea!)! A few of you have shared your smoothies with me and they sound really delicious - sometimes I think my imagination is a bit limited, so I love to hear what other people are throwing together in THEIR blenders!

Tomorrow morning I'm going to start my day with a different combo: Butter Lettuce (couldn't get baby spinach at my local shop today, EEK!), frozen raspberries and watermelon to start the day! Will let you know how it goes! (And try to get a good pic)

For morning tea I'm going to soak some almonds overnight and have banana, mango and almonds for something different, I think i'll put plenty of ice and make this one more like an ice-cream/thickshake. Pics to follow tomorrow too!

What are you blending up???!!!!

In further Chookie's Cookin' news, we're having a Thermomix cooking class at Millaa Millaa tomorrow night and we're showing some ideas for lunch boxes, so I just whipped up these mini-quiche to take along as a quick, easy and reasonably healthy lunch-box item. Originally Vicki Brown (my best friend) showed me how to make these mini-quiche using rolled out white bread slices as the cases, I've tweaked the recipe a bit and made it TMX ready as well as using TMX pizza base as the crust instead of bread (less preservatives and additives that way). Here they are:


Mini Quiche:
Ingredients:
BASES:
1 batch of TMX Pizza Dough
FILLING:
1 clove garlic
1 sml or half lge onion
2 rashers bacon, rind removed
20g olive oil
2 tomatoes, quartered
1 pk (250g) cream cheese
4 eggs
200g milk
Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:
Preheat oven to 180C, grease a 12-hole muffin tray. Roll out individual balls of pizza dough into circles approx 1/2 to 1cm thick and line muffin holes with dough.
Mince garlic, onion and bacon in TMX on speed 7 for 3 seconds. Add oil and saute for 3 mins on speed 2. Add all the other ingredients, and blend on speed 6 for 30 seconds. Pour egg mixture from TMX bowl directly into the muffin-holes lined with pizza dough.
Bake for 15-20 mins or until light golden brown on top.

*Once cooked you can freeze these and just grab out one at a time (or how ever many you need for kids lunch boxes).
*Modify by changing out the tomato and bacon for mushrooms and spinach, fresh herbs, or other fillings to your taste.
*I did it this way because there are no chunks of food in the quiche this way - I have a fussy little girl who sometimes won't eat it if there are little pieces of onion, tomato or mushroom etc.

Have a lovely evening and I hope your day tomorrow is awesome (its sure to be a great START, with a green smoothie! ;)). Love and Health! B xxx

3 comments:

  1. Quiches are brilliant!

    Best I have ever tasted.

    Can't wait to make them.

    This recipe is hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brigitte!
      Glad you found the blog alright! And thanks so much I'm so glad you liked them! Let me know how they turn out when you try them! B xx

      Delete